Old March 14th 05, 01:26 PM

> I haven't checked the height of the car per the Haynes manual yet to
see if
> the car is sagging.

If it is, then it's probably likely that the rubber spring and strut
mounts of the suspension have "sagged".

I was really asking for two reasons; Do any of the very
> knowledgable posters here advocate replacing suspension parts at

mileage
> similar to mine regardless of other factors? And, if I were to

switch to
> lower profile tires to increase steering response, am I giving up

some of
> that increased response by leaving the softer springs in the car?

You
> mention you prefer stiffer springs, what size tires do you use?

Also, I
> find this car gets tossed around in cross winds more than most other

cars
> I've owned. I'm thinking any little drop in ride height would help.

Would
> you agree?

Generally speaking, sorting the springs & damping makes more of a
difference than just changing the wheels. Whatever you do makes a
difference but none of what you've said would make the car undriveable.
I drove a stock sedan once and hated the bouncy uncontrolled ride.
Then I drove a coupe (which have the sport suspension) and it was much
much better. I eventually put eibach prokit springs on it to lower a
little, with new dampers and it gave absolutely rediculous cornering
ability but also improved the ride. Oh, I had 16" wheels with 225
tyres on it.