Old July 21st 05, 09:42 PM
dave

"Rex B" > wrote in message

> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> I have seen some cats that have lost their guts through the exhaust but
>> the engines were still running fine with the 02 sensor online.
>> I have also seen many 02 sensors installed in exhaust pipes, so they are
>> not in the exhaust manifold nor cat.
>>
>> Just try yours and see. ;-)

> The tech told me his milliammeter would not come up into the working range
> because the O2 sensor was not getting hot enough, so it needed a new cat
> before he could tune it. But honestly I did not try it myself, nor did I
> verify that the heater circuit was working. I will do that, thanks
>
> Rex

Well that is a possibility, but I would have to see that myself. You can
plug into the FPR, jump the fuel pump relay, turn the ign. on and read the
current without the engine being on. At least that is what I remember and
I usually do this to vehicles that don't start. :-)
Remember that I am NOT plugging into the 02 sensor but the Fuel Pressure
Regulator wiring.

good luck,
dave