Old November 16th 04, 10:54 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Zuben el Genubi" wrote...
>I have a Logitech Momo Racing (black wheel with FF), and
> the left paddle quit working. Is it possible to repair,
> or am I screwed?

Yeah, it can be repaired quite easily.

Clamp the wheel to your desk and remove the 6 internal wrenching screws from
the face plate and take it off. Warning: the wheelrim/paddle assemby is now
no longer attached to the base, so don't pull on it!

You will see two PCBs connected via connectors and wires that run down the
shaft. Undo the lefthand connector and remove the 3 screws holding the PCB
in place. Take out the PCB and turn it over. On the back you will find a
(faulty) microswitch, SW9. Replace it with a similar item from your local
electronic parts store (requires a soldering iron, some solder, some
desoldering braid and some isopropanol to clean up the joints afterward).

Re-assemble the wheel by inverting the steps above and continue enjoying a
great wheel.

Alternatively, bring it around to my place on Saturday and I'll fix it for
ya. ;-)

Jan.
=---