Old May 19th 04, 05:03 AM
cp

Steve, I have another question for you.
This Audi has a (maybe I should say THE) warm
starting problem. I looked it up on this ng and found
many posts, the first one was mine from years back
when I had a similar audi, I forgot it had the problem.
After reading most of the posts I'm still not sure where
to look. The car starts perfectly when cold or hot but if
it has been standing for 30-60 min it will refuse to start, it
sounds like a dry start. It will start all of a sudden after
cranking for a minute or two (with breaks of course). The
idle will be unsteady and the engine sometime turns off. When
started hot or cold it runs perfectly. Any idea where I should
start looking for this problem? I have a bit of mechanical
competency :-)

Thanks in advance for any help,
cp