Old January 20th 05, 03:26 AM
Jeff Strickland

What is a TJ?

Well, it is a car, sort of. Not a car so much as a truck. But that is not
really telling the whole story. It is perhaps the most capable 4WD vehicle
in the history of the universe, or at least since WWII. It is a
transportation system. Well, it is a recreational transportation system, to
be more accurate. OK, some will use it as a primary means of transportation,
some use it strictly in recreation. This group leans towards recreation, but
we have our share of daily drivers as well. But, in a TJ, even the commute
can become recreation. I once worked only 8 miles from my house, and it
often took me well in excess of an hour to get home, only 15 minutes to get
there, but an hour to get home. And, there was no traffic on the homeward
bound trip. Well, there was traffic where other went, but none where I went.

A TJ is a way of life. Flannel shirts and long underwear, unless it is
summer. Then a TJ might be tshirt and shorts. A TJ is almost always boots,
no matter what is above the knees.

A TJ is many things my friend. What would you like it to be?