Old December 1st 04, 06:36 PM
Dave Henrie

"Stephen F." > wrote in
:

rrin
>> :
>>
>>> At least you got that far - windows opens the msi file with notepad
>>> here, I have no idea how I can fix this :-/
>>>
>>> Andre

> Talk about customer-friendly installations. I'm sure every RC
> enthusiast out there who wants to try the demo will know this. :-)
>
> Stephen

It is not the fault of the new program. One of Andre's file
assignments got 're-assigned.' As noted in another post. An MSI file
should work properly without all this hassle. IF Andre had tried to view
another .msi file anytime in the past, and he chose notepad to look at the
file, then if that little checkbox that says 'use this always for this type
of file' will take over his system's choice. I've done that several
times in the past when clicking madly thru choices. So don't blame the
programers of the RC sim, rather just commiserate with Andre that sometime
in the past he clicked too quickly or another program hijacked the msi
extension.

dh