Old December 17th 04, 08:46 PM

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> Remove the 60-pin connector from the SBEC and inspect the pins and

sockets
> for corrosion; clean the pins by pushing a pencil eraser straight

down
> onto each pin, and packing the sockets full of Ox-Gard or Noalox.
>
> Check all of the fusible links carefully; it sounds like one or more

of
> them may have popped. Of course if this is the case you'll have to

find
> the cause or the new link will pop, too.
>
> Check the codes and report what you find.

Thanks for the tips, Daniel. I'll try these tonight and hopefully get
it going. I wanted to donate it to my church (they in turn donate it
to those who need cars but can't afford them), but they won't take it
if it isn't running. And since I can't sell it (tried twice, can't
even get an offer at $800, and it's in pretty good shape), and it's not
doing me any good sitting in my driveway, this seemed like a good
option.

Just curious - what is it that tells the fuel pump to quit pumping
before the engine starts? The pressure regulator only holds the
pressure at a certain level and returns the excess back to the tank,
right? But that's with the pump running continuously. Something tells
it to stop when the key is on but the engine's not running.

KC