Old November 7th 04, 06:07 PM
Frank Kemper

Default Saw my first E90 today

Hi folks,

today I went for a walk in the neighbourhood in Munich, and suddenly I
stood in front of an almost uncamouflaged, brand new BMW E90 (new
3'series). It was a 4 door sedan, painted in silver, with some black tapes
which covered the BMW logos and tried to hide the identity of the car
somewhat.

My impression was that the new 3-series is not a design revolution. Those
who like the E46, should feel comfortable with the E90 as well. Both cars
appear to be the same size, although the E90 is larger. Compared to the E60
the front and rar lights of the E90 are more conventional. IMHO it is a
well designed car, which should not cause a nwe wave of Bangle bashing.
Critics may also say that the E90 looks too similar to the E46 to be new.

One detail kept my attention: under the front bumper, beneath the license
plate there was some kind of lens with about three inch diameter. It looked
somewhat like a DE projection foglight. I do not know the purpose of this
single lens. Is it a roadholding aid, a radar controlled cruise control or
what?

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance