Old May 17th 05, 02:52 PM
Magnulus

> wrote in message
. ..
> I'm with you on this one, Magnulus. Lots of people claim this, but I have
> never personally
> had a problem with Armor All. I have used it on rare occasion, but not
> regularly.

I use it about once a month in the summer, and I've never noticed any
problems, though the cars weren't that old. I've got a 3 year old Logitech
Momo PC racing wheel that likewise gets some Armor All once in a while, and
it looks as good as new. I had to fix a broken shifer using some epoxy- but
Armor All didn't cause that.

My mom was all in a huff because a Ford "mechanic" told her that Armor All
sits on top of the dashbboard, heats up and "bakes" the plastic. I find
that hard to believe that Armor All would make vinyl hotter than it
otherwise would be, and since this guy does not have a degree in chemistry,
I take it with a big grain of salt. Alot of folks also go nuts because
Armor All contains silicone- but if that's the case they should never use a
car wax again, because almost all car waxes have some kind of silicone-based
sealers. You've never heard folks say "Don't use Turtle Wax because it
bakes the paint", have you? Case closed.