Old March 11th 05, 09:20 PM
Joe62

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:32:06 GMT, Joe62 > wrote:

>Just found one actually:
>
>http://gear.ign.com/articles/561/561...html?fromint=1
>
>No idea how good it is but the review sounds allright.

Well I'm afraid I have to report that I'm not too impressed.

1) Not enough travel on the triggers. Why they wouldn't just model
them after a good design like the XBox triggers I can't imagine. They
have about half that travel and so feel more like "really good analog
buttons" than true triggers. Better than the PS2 buttons, but not as
good as they good be.

2) One of the triggers is busted right out of the box. The spring-back
isn't right, so it doesn't push back out to the rest position when you
let go of it. Shoddy, shoddy workmanship.

The latter is particularly annoying, since I had to order the thing
online it's going to be a huge hassle to return it, probably not worth
my effort. So unless Thrustmaster is bascially willing to replace it
on my word that it's broken, they have lost me as a customer,
permanently.