Old March 29th 05, 07:36 AM
OGT '92

TV's Mark Stahl wrote:
> "marlinspike" > wrote in message
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Then they moved it so it would meet US fuel tank integrity
>>> requirements? Is it up high behind the back seat? No change
>>> to the trunk floor to make it deeper where the tank used to
>>> be? I wonder how much it hurt handling?

>> Yup. In the US version open the trunk and in the left far corner (i.e.
>> left corner closest to cabin) you a big block of carpeting just sticking
>> out into the trunk.

> Wow. Who cares?

Anybody who would care about something like that wouldn't drive a GTO
anyway. They would drive something like a Camry.

>> What they should have done was made the trunk a little less deep and just
>> put it vertically behind the back seats like Benz has been doing for
>> decades. It wouldn't dig into the trunk so much since it would be as wide
>> as the back seats instead of just taking up one corner.
>> Richard

> And that would have made it cost how much? As it is, the GTO seems like
> one
> of the 2 or 3 GM products worth owning at the moment.

The Chrysler 300C SRT-8 looks pretty good, although the lack of a manual
transmission is a minus.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.