Old November 27th 04, 04:16 AM
Gerry

Jim Warman wrote:
> Did it rapid cycle in reverse? I ask because there may be a wiring or
> connector problem associated with the motor torquing over. Seen a lot of
> problems with the low pressure switch wiring on SuperDuties...
>
> Things that can cause the AC clutch to disengage would include wide open
> throttle (I would think that a TPS problem would show up with a running
> concern), engine overheat condition, high side switch and low side
> switch.... a wiring or connector concern here could give your symptom. On
> the bright side, if the problem is consistent in it's appearance, it should
> be relatively easy to get to the root cause.
>

> "Gerry" > wrote in message
>
>>I had asked you about the rapid clutch cycling of my 01 Sport. Took to the
>>shop today and they indicated iy was a half pound down. So they flushed
>>and filled system. Drove off the lot and put the AC on and still rapid
>>clutches. Brought back to shop and we discovered all reads great in park -
>>it's when in DRIVE that it rapid clutches. I had them scratchin their
>>heads on this one. So, thaey still have it and I have a rental. What do
>>you think?
>>
>>Gerry

A little more to the story... I have a friend that is a service tech @
a Mitsubishi dealership here.. I took it to him today because Ford
recommended I bring it in next week because they were really booked
today - so this is my fault - I knew I should have waited and let them
diag it. Mitsi was great and thay did all they could - but recommended
that Ford was more appropriate for this since there was a deeper issue
and were unable to use the proper diag that Ford would use.

Thanks Jim for your assistance

Gerry