Old July 24th 05, 01:42 AM
jim beam

TeGGeR® wrote:
> chip > wrote in
> :
>

>>On 23 Jul 2005 01:37:27 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/...suspension.jpg
>>>
>>>I'm off to the machine shop tomorrow to get the bushings pressed out.
>>>
>>>This has easily been the most frightening job I've ever attempted,
>>>mostly due to the amount of disassembly required. Ain't nothin' left
>>>of that back end.

>>beat them out with a hammer, we don't press them at the shop. I've
>>done them on the car.
>> Chip

> Even the shop had some trouble due to the rust. I would have been stuck had
> I tried that method.
>
> Also, four bolts took a big air wrench to get loose, and one never did come
> out and needed to be ground off. Unfortunately, the shop also managed to
> knock off the nut (on the trailing arm) for the bolt on the outer end of
> the lower control arm. Now I have to get a new Grade-10 bolt and nut to fit
> that area. I've temporarily got a 10x70mm Grade-8 bolt and Nyloc nut from
> Home Depot in there just so I can button everything back up.
>
> And one of the bolts for the upper arm on the one side feels like it wants
> to cross-thread, and of course the stores are now closed and I don't have
> the correct size tap to chase the threads with.

try not to chase if you can avoid it. if you jack the arm up into
position and use the right bolt, the one with the rounded end, you
should be able to get it in ok. the jacking bit is the key. one time,
i even dropped the two big pivot bolts back off to make it easier to get
a difficult top arm in. once located & loosely bolted, getting the
pivot bolts back was fairly straight forward. do the one with the
elongated slot first.