Old February 2nd 05, 02:52 PM
Corky Scott

I actually have a seperate issue regarding windshield wipers. I have
no problems with their normal operation, when they start streaking I
either clean them or replace them. My issue is finding wipers that do
not lift off the windshield while driving in the rain at over 70 mph.

I've found some that are shaped like a reverse airfoil (sort of) that
purport to stick to the windshield, and they do better than most but
they still lift off at the higher speeds and finding them is
problematic. Right now I can't seem to find them at all.

It's worse in the winter if I'm using winter type blades. They offer
more resistance to the wind and some types lift up so much that only
the outer two inches actually clear anything.

Yes I could simply slow down to where the wiper stays on the
windshield, that would certainly be my wife's immediate choice for her
and me. But it would be nice to have effective windshield clearing
even at 75 mph, should the need ever arise.

How about clip-on wiper arm airfoils?

Thanks, Corky Scott