Old August 18th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mike64Bug

Default oil temp.

The type of digital thermometer that Jan mentioned works quite well.
Unfortunately, the probes have a reputation for going bad, frequently. I
bought
a Pyrex brand digital thermometer at WalMart and after two uses it died.
Another
popular brand is Taylor. I bought one of those and the probe from it works
on the
Pyrex meter. You can buy replacement probes for the Taylor brand at
chefdepot.com
for $8.99 plus s&h. I suspect that this probe will work on any of the
digital
thermometers of this type that advertise a working temperature range of
32-392F.
--
>>>Mike

1964 Sunroof Beetle