Old October 22nd 04, 01:07 AM
Paul

It's easy to get a refund you are intitled to.
Go in and ask for the manager. Tell his the story, and then say I feel you
should assist me in getting my refund. When they say "We will get you a
check cut right away" say thenks and then find yourself a chair and sit in
the middle of the show room and say "Thanks, I will wait". You will surely
get your check very quickly. By the way if anyone ask why you are sitting
in the middle of the show room, tell them. That will speed up the process
for sure.

Paul McKechnie
84 500SEL

"Gerard Gold" > wrote in message
> I made a deposit of $500 in 97/98 with Smythe Mercedes, which is the San
> Jose area on Steven's Creek Boulevard. (I had thought of getting an ML,

but
> decided against it later.)
>
> I started calling them around 2001/2002 about getting back my deposit, but
> got no action. The fellow I dealt with, Rich McLeod, has since left.
>
> Recently, I decided I had to go in there. I went in there, filled out a

page
> of paper giving my current address, and a few days later I was told my

check
> was in the mail.
>
> Went in there around July and spoke to a Trey (Friedman?) who I had spoke
> with on the phone previously and had gotten a lot of encouragement but no
> action. This time I made the mistake of telling him I planned to leave

town
> due to job issues.
>
> A few weeks later I called and spoke with a Paul Aruba, who I believe is

the