Old October 21st 04, 10:59 PM
Gerard Gold

Default Problem Getting Deposit From Smythe Mercedes

I made a deposit of $500 in 97/98 with Smythe Mercedes, which is the San
Jose area on Steven's Creek Boulevard. (I had thought of getting an ML, but
decided against it later.)

I started calling them around 2001/2002 about getting back my deposit, but
got no action. The fellow I dealt with, Rich McLeod, has since left.

Recently, I decided I had to go in there. I went in there, filled out a page
of paper giving my current address, and a few days later I was told my check
was in the mail.

Went in there around July and spoke to a Trey (Friedman?) who I had spoke
with on the phone previously and had gotten a lot of encouragement but no
action. This time I made the mistake of telling him I planned to leave town
due to job issues.

A few weeks later I called and spoke with a Paul Aruba, who I believe is the
manager of sales. He had me speak with his assistant, who claimed that she
had sent a check to the old (work) address, that preceded the new address
info I had given them, but would send one to the correct address.

That was a couple of months ago. Still no check.

Any ideas what I should do next?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Gerard Gold

(408) 996-0338