Old April 25th 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default driving in the mountains

"GPN" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a 99 4 door honda civic and have new all weather tires. i want
> to take a trip on I-70 west (from Colorado to Utah)and was wondering if
> I should be aware of any issues that I might run into.

What's the snow altitude? Now from North America and not living there yet,
I don't know if you'll run into snow. If you do, take advice from the local
authorities if you need tyre or winter tyres.

> Will the car
> have any issues driving up in the mountains?

Not if it's in good mechanical shape - that means the brakes are fine, the
engine doesn't need a service and the transmission works good.

You'll be wanting to keep the transmission (automatic or manual) in a low
ratio - same gear for going down as you would on the way up...

> Thanks for any pointers
> and advise.

Good luck and take some pretty pictures of the pass(es), eh?

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com