Old July 10th 05, 05:01 PM
Mike Romain

Jackson Wallace wrote:

> Is it feasible to just put some brake fluid in the car and bring it
> somewhere to be bled? That seems like tedious work to say the least.
>
> A related question:
>
> I muscled the piston down so that I had room for the new pads. I read
> somewhere that one has 20 seconds or so for the piston to reset itself into
> the up position. However, the piston didn't return.
>
> Does the piston return to the normal position once the brakes are pressed?

You are in trouble. You cannot drive the car without bleeding the
brakes, even if you get a bit of pedal, it will not be stable and the
front/rear pressure difference can fast take out the master cylinder so
you will have nothing when you hit the pedal.

If you don't know how to bleed brakes, it is tow truck time...

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's