Old June 20th 05, 07:22 AM
y_p_w

Steve wrote:

> I love Interstate. Pricey, but lasts longer than the 40$ specials

Interstate is just one marketer of Johnson Controls batteries. Of
course not all JCI batteries are exactly the same, but all are
generally quite good. I don't see Interstate listed, but perhaps
Interstate asked them to not list them.

<http://www.autobatteries.com/brands/index.asp>

The advantage of Interstate is that they go to their dealers and
pull/replace batteries that have been sitting too long. I believe
they recharge them and put them back for sale.

Learn how to read the date code and try to get one that hasn't been
sitting around too long without a charge. I believe the Honda OEM
batteries in the US are made by JCI. I saw one at my local recycling
center.