Old February 12th 05, 01:02 PM
Steve B.

>Just today my car alarm has started to go off at a self storage center
>I use. I've been there everyday the past week and just today anytime I
>drive in to the complex and get mid way through the alarm starts going
>off. If I turn off the car the doors keep locking and unlocking and the
>alarm will go off after a minute or so. This continues until I drive
>out if the complex. It does not do it anywhere else and does not
>prevent me from starting the car while the alarm is going off, the
>alarm goess of in valet mode where it never has before.

I would suspect that you are having a problem with RF (radio
frequency) noise. Many electronic devices are susceptible to this. I
have an alarm clock in my bedroom that the display goes nuts and the
alarm goes off every time the cell phone rings if the cell phone is on
the bedside table. Poorly designed cheap product in that case with no
shielding.

There must be something in that storage place that is putting out a
heck of a lot of interferencce. Usually you have rows and rows of
metal buildings in those places. Perhaps a local cell tower is having
a strange interaction with them or something like that.

It's probably nothing to worry about but why not give them a call
anyway? Better to let them make the decision on whether to look at it
or not rather than all of us here who are just guessing at the
problem. It looks to me like each state has their own HomeLand
Security webpage and most have online incident reporting. Google for
your state and HomeLand Security.

Steve B.