Old July 22nd 04, 03:54 AM
Dave LaCourse

Ascot writes:

>Have I always been
>mistaken, or is the Audi" different?"

Quattro is not a 4 X 4. It is an all wheel drive system - very different.

If you *must* use chains, they should go on all four corners. However, I live
in snowy New England and have never had the need for chains with Quattro AWD.
You can go just about anywhere with a good set of tires, but stopping can be a
problem. Therefore, I recommend good snow tires on all four corners. You'll
go anywhere you want, and you'll be able to also stop. Put studs on the snows
and you can live atop Mt Washington......... well 2/3rds of the way up, at
least. d;o)
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html