Old October 20th 04, 04:45 AM
Ted Azito

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message >...
> "Ted Azito" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Yes but I'm not a shop.

> Then your statement that "we punch them" is pretty rediculous, don't you
> think? What you mean is "I punch them on my own cars" Why assume
> everyone else in your neck of the woods is a trailer trasher?

Most of them are jerkball yuppies in my "neck of the woods". I
usually have a hard time finding the kind of project cars I
like-between 1965 and 1985.

> > And on later vehicles I'd get new firmware or
> > go to an aftermarket programmable ECU... or you build an analog sim to
> > put the postcat sensor input in acceptable parms. It's a voltage or
> > resistance, use a pot or build a little adjustable power supply (also,
> > basically, a pot.)

> Spoken like someone who has never actually tried defeating a post cat
> sensor.
>
> > I stay away from electronic vehicles for the most part.

> Hmm - well I suppose that there will be enough old eggbeaters out there that
> people want to dump to keep you in cars for the rest of your driving days.
>
> You should be proud of yourself, you are serving a useful function -
> relieving
> all those people of having to pay to tow off their old heaps. I just hope
> you
> aren't dumping them in the stream in the back 40 when you can't get them to
> run anymore.

My current fleet includes a real Meyers Manx with a real Porsche 912
engine (three piece case and all), a couple of diesel Benzes, and a
'79 Chevy pickup. They are all pretty nice looking.

They were all bought not running cheaply and i did fix them up. They
get cruncherized usually not when they "can't be made to run anymore"
but because they have so badly rusted or have been in collisions that
repair is impossible. Of course I pull out all the mechanicals.

My next vehicle will be a Jeep built from a new aftermarket frame and
body. I hope to be able to license it as a 1973...