Old October 19th 04, 05:32 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Ted Azito" > wrote in message
om...
> Yes but I'm not a shop.

Then your statement that "we punch them" is pretty rediculous, don't you
think? What you mean is "I punch them on my own cars" Why assume
everyone else in your neck of the woods is a trailer trasher?

> And on later vehicles I'd get new firmware or
> go to an aftermarket programmable ECU... or you build an analog sim to
> put the postcat sensor input in acceptable parms. It's a voltage or
> resistance, use a pot or build a little adjustable power supply (also,
> basically, a pot.)

Spoken like someone who has never actually tried defeating a post cat
sensor.

> I stay away from electronic vehicles for the most part.

Hmm - well I suppose that there will be enough old eggbeaters out there that
people want to dump to keep you in cars for the rest of your driving days.

You should be proud of yourself, you are serving a useful function -
relieving
all those people of having to pay to tow off their old heaps. I just hope
you
aren't dumping them in the stream in the back 40 when you can't get them to
run anymore.

Someone has to buy all that duct tape.

Ted