Old June 10th 05, 01:36 PM
sdlomi2

> wrote in message
>
> "sdlomi2" > wrote in message
> >

> > > DS

> > I must say, Daniel, that I've never seen this technique before. I

> have
> > used walls as a reference for trial-and-error; but, thanks for the

info--I
> > like it. sdlomi2

> I have used a slightly different method whereby the centerpoints of the
> windshield and backlight
> are used, and a laser pointer through those points establishes the
> centerpoint on the wall. Measured height from from floor level to lamp
> center is transferred to the wall. , as is measured distance between two
> headlight centers.
>
> Distance from car to wall is still 25 feet.
>
> Object is to get the high intensity beams concentrated around the
> intersection of the level line
> and the beam line, and the low intensity spot below the level line and to
> the right of the beam lines.
> It is somewhat subjective, but with a little practice can be done well
> enough for most applications.
>
> The last time I had to do this, the 'dealership' had adjusted my beams,

and
> had one pointed toward Mars and the other toward the nether zones. The
> above procedure worked well enough
> to pass the inspection examination (which used expensive equipment).

That sounds neat also. Now I'd like to put it to work. Like to ask you
a question: I've recently run into a dilemna. Just bought wife a 2005 Town
and Country. I've found and adjusted the up/down beam, but can not for the
life of me find an adjustment for the left/right. A friend (mechanic) could
not find one either. Any ideas? Thx, s