Old May 20th 05, 08:11 PM
ALAN MATTHEWS via CarKB.com

Default AUDI A4 2.4 SE V6 Avant. Red Indicator Panel in Centre of Instrument Panel

This panel which shows outside temperature, fuel consumpton, which gear I
am in etc. is OK when cold, but after a short time, or if conditions are
warm, becomes very dim.

The local agent just says "new instrument panel sir" !!! £ £ £

So has anyone had a simular problem and if so is there a fix please.

I am an electronic Engineer so can change componants (within reason) on
Printed boards, mend tracks etc.

If I have to take out the instrument panel, which means removing the
steering wheel, what do I have to do about the air bag, and if it has to be
disabled how is this done please.