Old August 29th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bfd

Default recommendations for 5 series year / model - in UK

John Carrier wrote:
> E39 530d is well-regarded. Only significant weakness might be the
> plastic/aluminum radiator which can develop cracks in high-miles cars.
>
> Not sure if diesel can be optioned with sport suspension, but it makes an
> already fine-handling machine even better. There are no "stay away from"
> options for the car., but the navigation system is notably inferior to that
> offered on Japanese luxury cars of the same era.

You guys are lucky to get BMW diesels. If BMW ever offers it here in
the US, I wouldn't hestitate to get one, especially if you can get it
with the sport suspension. After all, once the cars gets kind of old,
you can convert it to "bio-diesel" and drive around smelling like
french fries (or are we still calling it "FREEDOM FRIES.")