Old July 19th 05, 03:51 AM
TeGGeR®

wrote in
ups.com:

> I'm hoping someone has a good idea for this one. I've got a 99 Accord
> Ex 4-cyl. I just replaced the front brakes and rotors less then 2
> months ago. It's got 95k on it right now and noticed that shortly
> after replaceing the rotors and brakes that it started to squeak again.

1) Are you using OEM parts?
2) Had the anti-squeal shims on the backs of the pads been reinstalled?
3) Are you a gentle braker?

> Squeaking only occurs at slow speeds at first and then a few weeks
> later, it was bad enough that it was audible at higher speeds and you
> could feel a pulsating in the brake pedal when braking. The left front
> rotor was obviously getting some hot spots on the outer half of the
> rotor.

That's glaze. You may be braking too softly, especially first thing in the
morning, and turning morning rust into glaze. Glaze can be easily power-
sanded or wire-brushed off the rotors and pads.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/