Old March 11th 05, 10:50 PM
Rod Speed

Mark Anderson > wrote in message
. net...
> says...

>> I'm glad we agree. Of course at the same time completely get
>> rid of corporate taxes, since corporate taxes really are consumer
>> taxes since the tax burden is just built into the price of goods.

> This is a myth propagated by people who don't understand economics.

Nope, yours is.

> If corporate taxes were eliminated, Starbucks isn't going to lower the
> price of its coffee. The reason it charges $4 for a cup of coffee is that
> they have determined the consumer is willing to pay that price.

Mindless conspiracy theory. Have fun explaining how
come the price of burgers etc does change over time.

And even if it was true of a cup of coffee, and it
aint, coffee is a tiny part of what corporates sell.

Have a look at airline tickets for example.

> If their market gurus found that the consumer was willing to pay
> $5 for a cup of coffee with an acceptable drop off in demand,
> Starbucks will charge $5, corporate tax or no corporate tax.

Just another of your silly little fantasys.

> What I suggest is to completely get rid of taxes for Mark Andersons.
> When Mark Andersons aren't taxed they inject that savings back into
> the economy creating more jobs and wealth for everybody.

Pity about what the voters have decided they want govt to fund.