Old June 12th 04, 07:12 PM
Dave Hill

Gas prices: too high

Our dependence on fossil fuels: WAY WAY too high

Research & development on cheaper alternative fuels: not high enough

SUV's: They suck. I can see using one *occasionally*. Like if you're
taking a vacation with spouse and three kids, and you have tons of stuff to
haul. But how often does that really happen? For just general day trips,
like going to work each day, and especially if you're driving alone, an SUV
seems like massive overkill. And try pulling out of a parking space in a
small car when all the surrounding vehicles are SUV's. You end up halfway
out in the road already before you can see if anything is coming because
all the damn SUV's are blocking the view. Surely *all* these people don't
need to be driving a freakin' tank. It's ridiculous.