Old July 14th 05, 07:30 AM
C.H.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:37:53 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:

> C.H. wrote:

>> Of course they should NOT be interested. Spending a lot of time and
>> money to convince a handful of fanatics takes away from making better
>> cars for the people, who are interested in the first place.

> You imply that the kind of people who buy GM cars are interested in
> whether or not the cars are any good in the first place. Generally they
> are the kind of people who treat cars like appliances and would be best
> served by a Honda or Toyota but want to "buy American." They just assume
> the cars are "good enough."

I drive a GM car for a very specific reason. I know at least a hundred
people who do the same, also for a reason though not all of them are the
same reasons.

What I am implying is that GM can not take any 'idea' from any self
appointed guardian of GM's market share into account.

> The whole concept of GM making "better cars" is laughable, they build
> transportation appliances, and not as well as other companies.

Sure, the Goat is a transportation appliance. And the C6. And the CTS-V.

GM has their share of transportation appliances, like most other
manufacturers. Toyota almost exclusively makes transportation appliances.
At GM you have the the choice. Boring or interesting. I rather prefer to
have the choice.

Chris