Old April 29th 06, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Caravan , noise on changing gear

flobert wrote:

> Rachet noise, or more of a whir/purr, lasts about a second or so,
> right? If so, what is it that makes it do that

From Daniel Stern's write-up:
[http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html]

It's the transmission fluid control solenoid valves opening and shutting
rapidly to make the fluid go where it's supposed to go to shift the
transmission. All the FWD/AWD 4 speed automatics make this sound with
every upshift, every downshift, and every gear selection.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.