Old April 21st 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default When do you consider a crack in the engine block to be a BAD one?

"Ameen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thank you all for your info.
>
> Hartl, just so you know, I called car-part.com, and asked if they
> inspect the block before they ship them, but they don't, meaning they
> could send me a cracked block for $150 + $125 shipping (from the
> nearest area to where I live) with no return policy! So what am I going
> to do with another cracked block that would cost me $275, I don't even
> have a recycling business!
>
> I might as well sell the parts on e-Bay and get rid of the car.

Where on Earth do you live, guy? Certainly they must have
wrecking yards in your area. Check craigslist.com as well, people
put old blocks up there all the time.

Engine rebuilders deal with this kind of stuff all the time. Why
don't you simply call the nearest engine rebuilder in your area
and ask them who they purchase rebuildable engine cores from?
They will give you the name of the guy who makes a living grubbing
through wrecking yards and who has sweetheart relationships
with all the wreckers in your area and I would bet he could have
a good block delivered to your doorstep in a week, and would stand
behind it as well.

Ted