Old March 8th 05, 11:54 PM
Vash the Stampede

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:20:56 -0500, basegail wrote:

> My 90 Caravan died in the road last night- it will not run at all. We had
> to push it into the driveway and then put bricks behind the wheels because
> the brakes would not work either. I had been told there might be axle
> problems. I do not know if it worth putting $600+ into (axle quote from
> garage). Any thoughts? 130K miles

OK, you say it won't run. Does it START? Does the tranny shift?
Aftermarket rebuilt axles for this are $50 if you can fanagle a discount,
$69 if you can't. It takes all of 15-25 mins to replace the axles. The
person who quoted you $600 is obviously an opportunist! Find another
mechanic. As for your brakes...???

At $600, he'd BETTER be useing brand-new Chrysler axles! But I'd bet not...

Does he have a boat anywhere?