Old July 13th 04, 12:50 AM
Robert Hancock

There is a service bulletin 04-08-42-001 about this, apparently GM considers
this a normal condition:

"Information on Intermittent Dimming (Flickering) of Headlamps and/or
Instrument Panel Lighting -- Normal Characteristic/No Service Required
2000-2004 Saturn L-Series Vehicles

The purpose of this bulletin is to inform Saturn Retailers of normal
headlamp and instrument panel illumination characteristics.

Customers may comment on sporadic dimming (flickering) of the headlamps
and/or instrument cluster illumination. The flickering may occur
intermittently as a result of transient current loads on the electrical
system during normal vehicle operation; however, at no time do the headlamps
turn completely off. This is considered a normal operating characteristic.

No service is required for this condition."

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

"Mike Surwill" > wrote in message
> I scanned back over several postings, but didn't see anything about this.
> Have a 2002 L-200 that has an interesting condition -- during the

nighttime
> hours, when the A/C compressor starts the headlights blink almost totally
> out. Probably happens during the daytime too, but hard to see that.
>
> Checked the battery terminals, and they are clean and tight ...

suggestions?