Old May 10th 05, 03:36 AM
Rick Blaine

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 May 2005 04:49:51 GMT, "Rick Blaine"

> wrote:
>

> >"Dave Head" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> .. .

word, at
> least that I've heard, of anywhere in the USA that's had fleets of

vehicles
> converted to alcohol. Not the post office, Fedex, truckers, anything.

Why would fleets of vehicles be converted to ethanol? The infrastructure
doesn't exist.

> University students can do a lot of things - they make electric vehicles

and
> race 'em in the Austrailian outback, too - that doesn't mean they're
> economically viable. University students don't have to solve drivability
> problems when the temp dips below freezing, or ensure that the alcohol

doesn't
> absorb so much water from the atmosphere that it affects drivability

(methanol
> is really bad about absorbing water - not sure of ethanol), or long-term
> corrosion problems of the fuel system, etc. etc.

Really, if you had just read the article it would have saved you from typing
this. You are determined that you are right even though you refuse to
educate yourself about the subject. You are welcomed to your opinions and
if you wish to be ignorant so be it.

> BTW, the tripod site starts out in the very first paragraph or 2, while

talking
> about an ethaonol still, saying that the Indy 500 cars run on alcohol.

Well,
> that's _methanol_, so this is either an error or an attempt to mislead,

neither
> of which gives a person confidence in the website overall.
>
> Dave Head

I think you need to re-read the article. There is a link to the Paul Dana
Motorsports site that clearly explains what fuels are used and will be used
at Indy.