Old May 9th 05, 08:08 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Peter" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, no@email says...
> > On Mon, 9 May 2005 08:28:15 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:
> >
> > >Cars Jiggle. Especially race cars on rough race tracks

> > Yes. However, when you're in the car you also feel the motion, so
> > your brain can correct the information it gets from the eyes. You
> > can't do this when driving a sim, so you might suffer
> > motionsickness...
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Remco
> >

> Besides, I would say cars 'Vibrate' more than jiggle. That just doesn't
> look right. But hopefully it won't be quite like that when completed.

The cockpit vibration effect is already tunable to user preference in the
PLR file. Frequency and multiplier are adjustable, both for primary and
secondary effects. This is the norm for current ISI offerings. Similar
settings exist in NSR as well; you can even choose whether to have the
rearview mirror vibrate or not, and what percentage of your vibration is
tied to engine revs vs. road speed.

Can't really say much about the Formula car behavior from the video, though
I agree they look a bit slidey. Main thing I noticed is the car and cockpit
graphics look a little cartoonish, similar to the current ones in the
rFactor demo. I think that's an aesthetic choice, as the engine can
certainly deliver better. The scenery looks much more realistic, which
makes for an odd combination. Sort of like animated characters in an
otherwise live-action movie. Rebecca Rabbit comes to mind, proving
animation's not such a bad thing... ;-)

Slow-mo'ing through the crash scenes, it looks like they've improved that
area a lot over the F1C-generation engine. Hope the replay capability is
improved to match!

SB