Old March 15th 05, 06:49 AM
Dave Henrie

pw > wrote in
:

> I also found under Game Options: Crash Recovery="1" // Artificially
> keep cars on track or flip cars upright. I wonder what that does?

If an AI driven car gets disabled, or runs out of fuel, it will stay at
it's last resting place. Normal behavior, with the setting of =0 means the
car will be wisked away to the garage as soon as it stops.
Also, if you find yourself upside down, the =1 setting will right your
car, This does not affect damage to your vehicle.

Generally, in the past, the ISI sims will only end a race if your car is
unfixable. In the past, that meant rear wing damage or wheel seperation.
From F1c on, you could at least repair a rear wing in the pits with a
longer than average pitstop. I don't have NSR so I can't explore why your
car is being parked with minimal damage. Check the final standings screen
to see if the official explanation is given(i.e. piston, accident etc)
dh