Old July 17th 05, 11:04 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

'The reason for the price hike on the C5 is that most people still see
the C6 as a not so hot change over the C5. Plus they all think their
dick will get longer if they can get one of those Z06s. Other than the
stupid sixth gear debacle the car is a sleeper and will remain that way
as long as all of those nice C5s are available. Its performance is
scary, and it is put to the ground so well you don't realize just how
far you are over your limits. If I told you how fast it is you wouldn't
believe me, and I'd bet my last dollar none of you would take a ride
with me to prove it. One thing I will pass on to you is that in second
and third gear you can lay black marks right up to maximum rpms. I'm not
saying smoke the tires, I'm saying that the power is put to the road so
uniform that it will just run on the edge of breaking loose and lay a
nice pair of tire marks in both gears. In first gear it just destroys
the rear tires so you have to feather it off the line.'

Reply: This description is NOT of the 06 Z06 , correct ? Its of the C6
405 h.p. that you bought ???