Old December 7th 04, 07:41 PM
Mark Olson

In alt.autos.ford "RustY?" > wrote:
> "Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
>> It now costs the big three exactly a buck fifty to supply a genuine shop
>> manual for each and every car and truck they sell.

> That is correct - they have all this info on file anyway so they could dish
> them out as freely as AOL do with theirs. One problem we have in the UK
> though is that Ford dealers go out of their way not to tell you such
> information as our American 'buddies' tend to sue them every time they do
> something stupid and damage their car or themselves. It would seem that it
> is 'reckless' to allow anyone who is not a trained mechanic access to such
> information so its just easier to say no.

Are you saying that Ford won't release repair info to their UK customers,
and Ford's reason for this is somehow related to the behavior of Ford's
customers in the USA?

I'm not following you at all. I'm in the US and I can purchase the
genuine Ford factory workshop manuals and/or CDs (from Helm, Inc.) without
any restrictions (other than the cost).