Old May 16th 05, 09:02 PM
Joe Canuck

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>>>What would you have said to someone so obnoxious? Being nice to these
>>>people just doesn't penetrate.

>>I'm not claiming to be perfect or anything (I'm not by far), but I've found
>>that the more positive you can be in a situation, the more likely you are to
>>get a good response. Is your ultimate goal to let the biker know you're mad
>>at him (you did a good job of that) or to convince him to ride in the bike
>>lane?

> The reason people like this do the things they know are wrong is
> because there are no negative consequences. Being "considerate" and
> "just letting him do it" is what reinforces and perpetulates this bad
> behavior.
>
> OTOH, if every pedestrian to whom he failed to yield were to respond
> by calling him a ****head, he'd quickly change his bad behavior.

....and a few of them would very likely provide you with an "attitude
adjustment" as well.

Someday you will make the wrong remark to the wrong person and really
end up in trouble over it, more trouble than you can handle.

I don't wish this on you, but with your attitude it is just a matter of
time before it happens.