Old June 8th 04, 07:51 PM
Dan Duncan

Philip Nasadowski > wrote:
> I had a dip in a riced up Civic pull next to me and blip the motor at a
> light the other day. He really thought he could take my Harley. IIRC,
> i had about a 500 foot lead on him before I scrubbed off some speed and
> waited for him to catch up. 100 HP, 100 ft-lbs in a 800 lb bike will
> not be beaten by the same numbers in a car 1500 lbs heavier and 2x as
> many wheels. Sorry.

It doesn't take a motorcycle to beat a riced out Honda. Those dumb
schmucks almost never spend any money on performance mods. It's
all about flash. The drivers never have much driving experience
or skill and they always buy automatics. I smoke them all the
time in my stock Saturn station wagon (1998 SW2) with a manual.
I only do it to the ones that ask for it by blipping the throttle.
The ones that actually put money under the hood don't usually blip
the throttle, so it works out.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# "Qui rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur." (Who are you to laugh?