Old May 7th 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Vote on New Audis' Styling

OK, I'm ready to open up a very touchy subject, but is it just me or did
Audi really blow it with their new styling, especially the single-grill
front-end? Up until this style change-over Audis were absolute perfection in
terms of understated, perfectly harmonious, smooth lines that said elegance,
class, and timeless beauty. I think that the 2004/2005 A8 had reached the
peak of automobile perfection -- what an incredibly gorgeous car. THEN CAME
THE HORSE-COLLAR GRILL!!!

We went to the Audi dealer looking to trade up from our 2001 Pearl White A4
beauty to an A6. We looked at the latest offering and just couldn't stomach
the styling, so we bought a Certified 2004 A6 2.7T S-line and we love it's
performance as well as its looks. The styling is just so right and so Audi.

What brings the subject to the fore today is that when I was doing a 40-mile
ride on my mountain bike through some of the wealthy Western suburbs of
Chicago (Chicago is Audi Country), I saw a number of Audis with the new
style and they simply did nothing for me, they were so Ho-Hum, and I also
saw a number of ones in the two-grill style, and they were so much more
distinctive and appealing.

By the way, As far as the other German cars, I think the new VWs look too
Toyota Corolla-ish, the new BMWs look too Japanese paper-folded, and, aside
from the really ugly Maybachs, only Mercedes Benz has retained it's classic
good looks in its new models, but that's for other forums and other rants.
Sorry to go on so long but I have loved Audis and when it comes time to
trade again, I just can't see myself buying a newer one unless Audi comes
back to their senses.

Now do you want to know how I really feel??? (joke) Come on, out with it,
how do YOU feel about all this?