Old March 13th 05, 03:15 PM
BananaRepublican

In article >,
John David Galt > wrote:

> Cory Dunkle wrote:
> > I believe the reason they do this is so you hit their econo-box or jalopy,
> > damage or destroy it, and then they collect the insurance money and eitehr
> > do it again or get another econo-box for a few hundred bucks and then do it
> > again. Now obvious they all can't be this malicious, but some are. The rest
> > are dumbass. When they stop just lay on the horn, look angry, and put your
> > hands up in the air so as to look like 'What the hell are you doing??'.

> Fortunately most on-ramps are wide enough that you can just pass moron-boy
> on the shoulder and merge right on in like you're supposed to.

I took a safe-driving course from AARP and the instructor suggested
stopping at the end of the on ramp, if there was no available space when
it ran out.
I got up and shot that idea down. In the bigger cities of at least
California, when you do your best at accelerating on the ramp and then
you "merge" which means diving into any space that is two inches longer
than you car, it is safer because everyone has been there and expects you
to do it. it is the norm. and it's the unexpected acts that screw
everyone up.
good luck.
and watch out for our Karmann Ghias, they are soooo fragile.

g adds.
MONEY , what a concept