Old November 8th 04, 10:45 PM
Sean D

"DC" > wrote in message
> "Timothy J. Lee" > wrote in message news:cmo91c$eq5
> > You'll
> > get daytime running lamps without annoying anyone with high beams.
> > (Yes, even at reduced intensity, high beams are annoying, particularly
> > in overcast weather and near dusk.)

> You mean to tell me that DRL use the high beam lamps? I didn't know that.

Well I can't say that for all cars but know for the sure the new Accord do.
I've seen some Dodge Caravans use the yellow parking lights for DRL. I
guess it depends on how the manufacturer decides to go about it.
Personally, I find the high beam solution to be the best. Since it's
daytime and the amperage is turned down to reduce the brightness of the
bulb, they do not blind oncoming drivers. Quite the opposite. Because they
are the highbeams, you can be seen from much farther away.

> --
> Disclaimer: This post is solely an individual opinion and does not speak

on