Old September 1st 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

Default Boats (was I'm baaaaack....)

> Power boating is an amazingly expensive hobby. I have a friend that
> was basically given full use of a moderate-sized boat with an in-board
> V8, only to find he couldn't afford the gas to use it.

Back around 1990 I had a lake home and of course wanted a boat to go with
it. So I bought a used Chriscraft Scorpian 230 (typical 350 V8 boat). I was
expecting it to be hard on gas, but as the first week went by the needle on
the fuel gauge took its time dropping, so I was thinking "Hey, not too bad".

Then I went to the pump and it cost an amazing amount to fill. As it turns
out, it had an 80 gallon tank.

miker