Old May 9th 05, 09:08 PM
Spike

I would highly suggest you purchase a copy of Chilton's 641/2-73
Mustang/Cougar Repair Manual. You can go to www.Amazon.com
and do a search for Chilton's Repair Manual in the books category...
then scan for the Mustang/Cougar one. Then note that they also have a
listing for used copies. I just picked one up for $12 and change in
brand new still in the wrapper condition. With shipping it came to
$19, which saved my about $8 over buying it locally. Not much you say?
How about it's enough for 3 more gallons of gas....or about 42 miles
of travel... IF I don't kick in the other two barrels... LOL : )

On Mon, 09 May 2005 14:46:00 GMT, "Thomas Cameron"
> wrote:

>I've always owned electronically controlled cars, never owned a non
>fuel-injected car. Is there a good guide online for doing a tune-up on my
>'68 289 2V coupe? So far I plan on putting in new points, condensor, rotor,
>cap, plugs and wires. I will set the points with a feeler gauge. I don't
>have a timing light so I know I need to get one. I am pretty sure that the
>carb needs to be rebuilt. I've done a ton of rebuilds on motorcycle carbs
>so I don't think it will be a big stretch to do the automobile one.
>
>Am I missing anything?
>
>Thanks!
>Thomas

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16