Old February 1st 05, 06:54 PM

On 31 Jan 2005 10:51:21 -0800, "Ellas" > wrote:

>Hi I'm trying decide whether a mazda3 hatch or a sedan would suit me
>best, and I'm finding that both offer excellent advantages.
>
>I have also noticed that in europe hatches and wagons are especially
>popular.
>
>Are there any Europeans here who can give me an idea why this is so?
>
>Is this a popular preference or do hatches come in handy in Europe's
>more twisty urban streets.
>
>I'm in Toronto, Canada and would be interested in finding some
>information on this matter.
>
>Thanks

Hatchbacks are very popular in France at least, particularly in this
size class, i.e Mazda3, Renault Megane, Peugeot 307,VW Golf. It's
rare to see a sedan version of any of these. I think their popularity
has more to do with practicality than street scene. They're extremely
easy to live with if you have any amount of 'stuff' to move around.

Some of us want both and are very glad we no longer live in Toronto.