Old June 22nd 05, 02:21 PM

> wrote in message
. ..

> "shiden_kai" > wrote in message

> The Buick dealership where she lives charged her $320 to
> replace an oxygen sensor. While this seems intuitively to
> a gross overcharge, I will not form an opinion until I find
> out more about the case.

Standard cost for Bosch oxygen sensors for this car, from NAPA,
are about $65 and about $75. (Front and rear sensors).

If Buick replaced both, and if the dealership parts markup is the usual
parts store times 3, then $320 might have been a bargain.

I suspect they replaced one only, but will have to examine the receipt
to be sure what happened.

My daughter is a school teacher, in one of the poorest paid states in
the nation. This is a lot of money out of her income.