Old June 3rd 05, 02:13 AM
Dinsdale

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:46:22 -0400, <japhar> wrote:

>So this is random, but Im scratching my head... trying to find a way to
>mount a little mustang badge on my grille, the badge has little metal posts
>that arent quite long enough to reach..
>
>Is there something that will put a thread on them so I can put on a nut and
>a bracket? I.E. the oposite of drilling and tapping a hole, can i thread a
>blank post somehow?
>
>If not, what can I use to bond chromed metal (permanently enough that some
>kid wont yank it off)

You need a die...as in "tap and die set"

However, since those emblems are fairly soft metal, and the post
diameter small, a die might not work.

I've see some emblems held on with a stamped-steel, self-tapping nut
similar to those pictured on this site:
http://www.boltproducts.com/tinnerma...peed-nuts.html
(look a the 'Palnut' models)

DP